Q2C Domain Name Branding – Your Business Memorable
Unfortunately, creating a brand domain name for a company is not as easy as naming a newborn child. Many factors come into play such as 1) creating a domain name with a good consumer recall 2) describing the product you have in your business, its features and usage 3) describes other benefits that consumers can experience from using it. These are just some aspects of what you need to consider when naming your domain name branding.
The other end, the formula requires you to envision yourself in the mindset of the customer or in this case visitor. How is the product useful to me? And what benefits can I get from using it? Add to that all other competing businesses that offer the same product as you do. These are all things you need consider if you want to get a share of the market and increase sales.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Creating a business domain name can be confusing sometimes, usually for lack of creative ideas. Below are a few tips you should consider when naming a business domain:
- Opt for memorable, catchy and generic names that will register well with consumers.
- Consider using generic domains that literally describes the product with your branding.
- Using geographical domains may limit the scope of your business. However, this is an advantage if your product or service is associated with a given locale.
- Refrain from restrictive domain names where you may have trouble in the future in expanding your line of business.
- Know that domain names with special characters such as hyphens and numbers are harder to describe to the customers over the phone or word of mouth. It is perhaps one of the main reasons that you may accidentally send customers to your competitors if they have the same names without special characters.
- Keep them short so as to produce functionality, it’s easier to type and remember than the long tailed domain.
Domain Names as Part of a Branding Strategy
A business domain name is not just a name; it represents your business identity. And in the business community, the way you represent and project your image is crucial in determining success. This is because perceptions, more than the actual value of the product or services, is essential in helping consumers decide on whether to buy that product or not. On top of the brand itself, it makes association with the company and its reputation. That is why most of today’s businesses invest most of their efforts on building a trusted business reputation that will strengthen the trust of consumers on their company.
Your business domain name essentially determines how far your company will go in your internet endeavors. When people visit your online business, you have only a small amount of time to catch their attention. If you fail to do so, then you would have lost a potential customer. More than just intriguing, a good business domain name is one the compels your target market. If you can find one, then it will surely catapult your business to your desired commercial success.